Senior Computational Biologist
PhD computational biologist specializing in machine learning and artificial intelligence with 10+ years in building impactful applications.
Collaborate with VL57’s multi-disciplined team of scientists to develop high-performance, scalable computational methods to analyze protein and genomic data sets leveraging machine learning and other automation technologies to unlock the rapid design, build, and validation of novel therapies.
- Strong CNV analysis for genetic diseases resulting from discordant copy numbers
- Built experiments with machine learning tools to predict pathogenicity of DNA variants
- Built tools and algorithms to bridge the gap between genetic information and protein integrity
- Extensive full-stack experience in several frameworks including Python/Biopython, Java, Node.js, and Django
Relevant Disease Areas
- Infectious Diseases
- Small Molecule
- Protein Therapies
- Los Angeles
- Open to remote and in-office
- Chief Science Officer
- Lead Computational Biologist
$125 / hr